... Red flag warning in effect from noon CST /11 am MST/ today to
7 PM CST /6 PM MST/ this evening for southeast New Mexico, the
west and northwest Permian Basin, the upper trans Pecos and the
The National Weather Service in Midland/Odessa has issued a red
flag warning, which is in effect from noon CST /11 am MST/ today
to 7 PM CST /6 PM MST/ this evening.
* Affected area... southeast New Mexico, the west and northwest
Permian Basin,the upper trans Pecos and Stockton plateau.
* Wind... west 20 to 35 mph with higher gusts 40 to 55 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent.
* Fire danger... very high.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pecos Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:26 AM MST Feb. 16, 2019 – National Weather Service