The Flood Warning continues for
the Pee Dee River at Cheraw.
* Until Tuesday night, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9 PM Saturday the stage was 30.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising through Sunday evening,
and crest just under 36 feet around midnight. The river will fall
below flood stage by Tuesday night.
* At 30.0 feet... the higher bank begins to flood. Large areas of
farmland and river bottomland near Cheraw will be flooded. Portions
of Riverside Park become flooded.
* At 35.0 feet... southeast of Wallace, Old River Road between
community Road and Highway 912 will become flooded, and may need
to be closed.
* At 36.0 feet... extensive overflow of the left bank will occur, and
large areas of farmland near Cheraw will be flooded. Livestock and
farm equipment should be moved to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3455 7984 3455 7990 3480 8002 3480 7994
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Marlboro Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:25 PM EST Dec. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service
- Adamsville Crossroads
- Brutons Fork
- Century Acres
- Dundee Acres
- Dyers Hill
- Grace Heights
- Lake Terrace
- Monroe Crossroads
- Plumfield Landing
- Quick Crossroads
- Red Bluff
- Sunnybrook Heights