... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 9 PM PDT
Monday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zones
641 and 675...
* affected area... fire weather zone 641 in Oregon and
Washington.Fire weather zone 675 in Washington.
* Timing... winds will increase before daybreak Monday morning.
Relative humidity will reach critical values before noon.
Relative humidity will improve late Monday evening.
* Wind... in fwz 675 north winds 9 to 18 mph with gusts to 30
mph.Highest winds on exposed ridges. In fwz 641 north to
northeast winds 4 to 8 mph increasing to 6 to 11 mph with
gusts to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds will decrease in both
zones after Sundown.
* Humidity... 15 to 20 percent in the afternoon.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Foothills of the Northern Blue Mountains of Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 8:46 PM PDT Aug. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service