... Freezing fog advisory in effect until 8 am PST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a freezing fog
advisory... which is in effect until 8 am PST Tuesday.
* Freezing fog: areas of freezing fog are expected in valleys and
over some mountain locations this evening through early Tuesday
morning. Freezing fog may be dense at times with visibility of
less than a quarter mile.
* Freezing fog locations include: valleys in Klamath County and
northeast Siskiyou County. This includes Klamath Falls,
Tulelake, Dorris and surrounding communities. This also includes
area roads and highways such as Oregon Highway 62 east of Crater
Lake, Oregon Highway 140 in Klamath County, Highway 97 in
Klamath and northern Siskiyou counties, and Highway 139.
* Freezing fog impacts: visibility will be reduced to less than a
quarter of a mile at times. Black ice or frost could form
resulting in very slippery roads, decks and walkways.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* if possible, wait for temperatures to warm above freezing
* Slow down and give 3 times as much space as normal between
* Shaded areas may be more slippery than unshaded areas.
* Use low beams. High beams reflect back fog making visibility
worse for you and other drivers.
* Fog makes objects appear farther away than they are.
* Be ready for low visibility by keeping your headlights clean.
* Don't use cruise control. Most crashes occur because the
driver is going too fast for weather conditions.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Klamath Basin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Freezing Fog Advisory
Issued: 5:35 PM PST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service