... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 10 PM PST Wednesday above 3000 feet...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this
evening to 10 PM PST Wednesday above 1500 feet...
* what... heavy snow above 3000 feet expected. Moderate snow
expected above 1500 feet. Above 3000 feet, total snow
accumulations of 6 to 15 inches expected. Between 2000 and 3000
feet, total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches expected. Light
snow of 1 to 2 inches expected between 1500 and 2000 feet
Wednesday morning and again Wednesday evening.
* Where... locations in the warning include the Cascade foothills
and portions of the Umpqua Divide above 3000 feet in Jackson
County. This includes Prospect, the higher portions of Highway
227, Highway 62 from Prospect northeast, and higher portions of
Highway 140. Locations in the advisory include areas above 1500
feet, including Butte Falls, Shady Cove, Ashland, Talent,
Phoenix, portions of east Medford, and Jacksonville. This also
includes Interstate 5 from Phoenix south, Highway 238 between
Jacksonville and Applegate and portions of highways 62 and 140.
* When... from 7 PM this evening to 10 PM PST Wednesday. The
heaviest snow will fall between 10 PM tonight and 4 PM
Wednesday. Snow levels will be around 2000 feet but will lower
to 1500 feet at times. Best chance for snow at lower elevations
of 1500 to 2000 feet will be Wednesday morning and again
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult to
impossible in the warning area. The hazardous conditions could
impact the morning or evening commutes.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jackson County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 12:52 PM PST Feb. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service