... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 am to 9 PM MST Monday...
* location... the Chuska Mountains in western New Mexico. The
Sandia and Manzano Mountains, the northern and southern Sangre
de Cristos and the eastern slopes of the Sangre de Cristos.
The Highlands to the east of the central mountains from the
south Central Highlands northward to the Raton ridge and
* Winds... southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... strong winds will develop Monday morning and continue
through late evening.
* Visibility... dropping below one mile in the Sangre de Cristos
in snow and blowing snow. Otherwise, dropping below 1 mile at
times in dust prone locations.
* Local impacts... dangerous Crosswinds will develop on northwest
to southeast oriented roads. Light and unsecured objects may
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:32 PM MST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service