... Beach hazards statement extended through Tuesday morning...
* surf... 4-7 ft, with sets to 8 ft in San Diego County.
* Timing... highest surf Monday, with minor coastal flooding
possible during with morning high tides both Monday and Tuesday.
* High tides at Newport beach: 6.9 feet at 838 am Monday.
6.7 feet at 925 am Tuesday.
* High tides at la jolla: 6.8 feet at 835 am Monday.
6.6 feet at 921 am Tuesday.
* Impacts... minor coastal flooding of low lying beaches
including Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Cardiff, La Jolla, Mission
Beach, and Imperial Beach.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as strong
rip currents... elevated surf heights... minor tidal overflow... or
lightning are possible at local beaches. Obey posted warning
signs and flags and talk to a lifeguard before swimming. Use
caution when in or near the water and always swim near a
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Issued: 5:17 PM PST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service