... Red flag warning in effect from 4 PM to 8 PM PDT Sunday for
strong gusty wind with low rh for fire weather zone 285...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 4 PM to 8 PM PDT Sunday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Impacts... a combination of strong winds and low humidity with
high fire danger will likely contribute to signficant spread of
new and existing fires.
* Affected area: in California... southern portion of fwz 285,
including the stone fire, and cities of Canby and Alturas.
* Counties affected: southern Modoc.
* Wind... west to southwest 13 to 16 mph with gusts to 24 mph.
* Humidity... 8 to 11 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at
Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to
spread very rapidly.
Visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Modoc County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:35 PM PDT Aug. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service